Type 2 Exercise to carb ‘formula’

mrsAP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much
This question has been buzzing round my head for a while & I hope I can word it clearly!
Roughly how much/long would I need to exercise to ‘burn off’ carbs?
I’m following lchf & managing to control bg well, hba1c coming down nicely (2nd review since diagnosis next week ) but on days where I struggle to maintain my diet I’d like to know I can run/walk off the excess......but how long do I move for?
Could this be a study for someone way cleverer than me?!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My 2p would be it takes a lot longer to walk them off than it does to avoid putting them in your mouth in the first place so don't! What things are you struggling with? If you have the right way of eating you shouldn't really struggle..

hebedeebies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm like mrsAP following lchf but sometimes need to have a backup if I've had to many carbs and want to keep my control under damage level.

mrsAP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not much
My 2p would be it takes a lot longer to walk them off than it does to avoid putting them in your mouth in the first place so don't! What things are you struggling with? If you have the right way of eating you shouldn't really struggle..

It’s when I’m away/eating out/pre weekly food shop when my will power wobbles!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s when I’m away/eating out/pre weekly food shop when my will power wobbles!
I always think of going blind or loosing a foot when my willpower wobbles.. seems to do the trick.. but then again I'm a little bit odd like that.

Reactions: Leeannea

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The thing to remember is that if you are excercising specifically because you've had too many carbs you have not necessarily avoided a spike which is what we strive for. Someone once said 'You can't outrun a bad diet'. Better to have fewer carbs, avoid high, longer lasting spikes and to use excercise for the right reason.

By the way, we are individuals and each of us can react differently to excercise. Some see a rise in levels with certain types of excercise and some see a gentle fall. Best to test to see what affects your levels.