Exhaustion...

LaceyB84

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I dont have diabetes myself but my partner has type 1, he is currently going through an exhausted period, I'm looking for any information on how this is really affecting him as he isnt so verbal and any tips to help.

Thanks

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I dont have diabetes myself but my partner has type 1, he is currently going through an exhausted period, I'm looking for any information on how this is really affecting him as he isnt so verbal and any tips to help.

Thanks

Hi Lacey, can you tell us a bit more? What is his normal, daily regime, what are his overall glucose levels like, does he have any other conditions, etc? In what way is he exhausted, do you mean tired or fed up for example?

LaceyB84

Hi, hes recently moved and now has to bike 3 miles to work which previously hes not done, from what hes said it first started as flu symptoms but also said his eyes were hurting, lately hes had 1 hypo and 2 weeks ago a hyper, but he said his levels are fine and he doesn't have the strength to eat anything, wondering if its flu and its affecting him harder or whether its exhaustion and how to get him back on his feet as he cant take time off work.