1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Experience on combo bolus with Fiasp

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by ronialive, Nov 18, 2018.

1. ronialive

ronialive Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    I am relatively new to using Fiasp in a pump and wondered if you could advise me which foods you tend to do a combo bolus with to avoid hypos at the one hours mark.
    I know pizza but what else do you find benefits please? also I know it is personal but what ratio do you use- I find for pizza 60/40

• Like Like x 1
  2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

i tend to do a 70/30 split for fish and chips and for pizza more like a 50/50

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. chrissargent

chrissargent · Member

Curry's and kebabs.
    Curry gets a 40/60 split over 5 or 6 hours, kabab gets 50/50 over 3 hours

4. Chickenboy

Chickenboy Type 1 · Active Member

Generally anything over 100g carbs. Certainly where there is a lot of fat and stuff that takes longer to digest. I had a fillet steak the other day and it took all night for the carbs to release from the chips that accompanied it!

5. richyb

richyb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I like Fiasp. Been on it few months. When I first used it, it was fast. But find it slow down after a while.
    I started on 60/40 over couple of hours. But changed it within few days to 11/2 hrs. Now on 80/20 over 1 hour for most foods. Bread, rice chips. I spike very little and don't drop much unless I am lowish to start ( 5.5 or less ) Then I 60/40 over 11/2 or 2 hours.
    Everyone is different though...

• Informative Informative x 2
    #5 richyb, Nov 28, 2018 at 7:58 PM
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook