1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Experiencing the famous Lows in early pregnancy!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Madelinelowery, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Madelinelowery

Madelinelowery Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So last week I couldn't control my sugars .. I was mostly high and I just couldn't get them down!

Well this week I'm constantly hypoing .. I was 2.7 then 45 mins later I was 3.2 after eating a ton of surgery food!
    I'm loosing count of how many I have on a daily basis at the moment.

I'm so full I can't stomach anymore food!!
    I'm so excited about this pregnancy but it's draining being diabetic and pregnant

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Mrsass

Mrsass Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ahh it's a nightmare isn't it I rember just sticking at around 2.6 for hours once no matter what I was having!! Have you tried having juice so you don't have to eat each time? Congratulations by the way I've been off the forum for a while and your post is the first thing I've saw :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

It's 16 years ago for me, but I remember just having very low amounts of Insulin, about 1 unit at times because of the 'low time trimester'. Lots of hypo's after wards when I was breast feeding, so be careful and test, test, test.
    I wish you all the best for a happy and a safe delivery, so exciting and take care x

4. DiabeticPanda

DiabeticPanda Type 1 · Active Member

Congrats on the pregnancy but sorry to hear you're struggling with hypos! How far along are you if you don't mind me asking?

5. Madelinelowery

Madelinelowery Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you

I'm 7 + 3 today

X

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook