Anthony1738
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 92
- Location
- Naklua, Thailand
- Type of diabetes
- Type 2
- Treatment type
- Diet only
- Dislikes
- Boom Boom Club Music (cant see the point its not Music) Moto GP and Manchester United
I am glad that you can treat yourself once in a while but you must remember that different people have different tolerance levels.
Nothing could convince me that chips or a store (or chippy) bought pie is enough of a treat to risk a higher than normal bg reading. As I progress in my learning about T2 the more I ask myself 'Is that xxxx worth a toe or an eye or a kidney?'.
When I decide to treat myself it will be with caution and with one eye on the possibility of slipping into complacency.
I am glad that you can treat yourself once in a while but you must remember that different people have different tolerance levels.
Nothing could convince me that chips or a store (or chippy) bought pie is enough of a treat to risk a higher than normal bg reading. As I progress in my learning about T2 the more I ask myself 'Is that xxxx worth a toe or an eye or a kidney?'.
When I decide to treat myself it will be with caution and with one eye on the possibility of slipping into complacency.
You lucky thing!!!
Because of the fat content it might be an idea to check at 3 hours and 4 hours - I'm told that fat slows down the rate at which carbs are metabolised. I would LOVE a plateful of fish, chips and mushy peas. I do occasionally have the chippy fish (take off the batter) and some mushy peas but haven't had even one chip in at least two years.....
You lucky thing!!!
Because of the fat content it might be an idea to check at 3 hours and 4 hours - I'm told that fat slows down the rate at which carbs are metabolised. I would LOVE a plateful of fish, chips and mushy peas. I do occasionally have the chippy fish (take off the batter) and some mushy peas but haven't had even one chip in at least two years.....
From time to time I like to try out new things and experiment with my new sneaky friend (Type 2). For instance, since I left the UK 3 years ago, the thing I miss the most is Fresh Fish and Chips but fortunately we have a small Fish and Chip Restraunt in town who does a very good job of cooking traditional English fish and chips, so ive just pulled up my dietry records and the entry for 10/07/2017 shows that for lunch I ate the said fish and chips, complete with mushy peas, a slice of wholemeal bread and a cup of Tetleys Tea milk no sugar. 90 Mins later my BG was 140 or 6.5 depending on which scale you use.
31/07/2017 I see I ate a large Steak and onion Pie with Carrots, Brocoli, Cauliflower and a small baked white potoatoe,
the resulting after meal BG was 109 or 5.5, once or twice a month I do this with different stuff as an experiment as to what by sneaky friend (Type 2) will tolerate, I know full well I cant do this every day, but in these two occasions Ive beaten him! Haha Anthony 2 - Type 2 Nil.
Next week I am going to try A Pizza, and after that I am going to be really brave and try a Burger King!!
Seriousley though, Type 2 Diabetes is not a death sentence, it is a really bad disease, but it can be controlled and I firmly believe that LCHF with a bit of fasting here and there plus excersise of course is the way to deal with it, and just once in a while treat yourself (because you deserve it) to something you really like from your pre diabetic era.
Thanks for reading
Did you only check at 90 minutes or did you do more follow up tests - don't want to pee on your chips so to speak but I would have had lower numbers than that at 90 minutes usually in the 5s as I take a small dose of gliclizide- but my 3, 4 and even 5 hour tests would be in the 7- 9 range - and stay there in the high 6s for most of the next day - enjoy but be careful with your experiments- if you do try pizza it could be a bit of surprise for you how long your numbers will rise and the time it takes to come back down
Thanks for writing! You have cheered me up. I'm new to all this and life seems to have reduced for the moment to little beyond what seems to me drastic deprivation of carbs and not so wonderful results to show for it. When the dust has settled I think I'll try your plan. I do like the experimental aspect of learning to cope with pre-diabetes. And I do echo your endorsement of exercise. Trouble is, I get the impression the carbs (and energy) have gone out of my poor legs without leaving my blood - NOT the way I want things to be. Has LCHF affected your ability to exercise?
Wow! My exercise plans are less ambitious than yours, and at present, as I said, I am feeling a bit weak especially in my leg muscles, which is obviously not helping my running. How do you fuel your workouts?I have actually increased my excersise levels, I feel more energetic especially first thing in the morning, I feel more alive and I'm really enjoying life, next year I plan to run the annual Pattaya marathon!
Wow! My exercise plans are less ambitious than yours, and at present, as I said, I am feeling a bit weak especially in my leg muscles, which is obviously not helping my running. How do you fuel your workouts?
Thanks for writing! You have cheered me up. I'm new to all this and life seems to have reduced for the moment to little beyond what seems to me drastic deprivation of carbs and not so wonderful results to show for it. When the dust has settled I think I'll try your plan. I do like the experimental aspect of learning to cope with pre-diabetes. And I do echo your endorsement of exercise. Trouble is, I get the impression the carbs (and energy) have gone out of my poor legs without leaving my blood - NOT the way I want things to be. Has LCHF affected your ability to exercise?
Had a baked potatoe with cheese and beans today, bad mistake, but thats what my meters for - to let me know what I can and cant get away with, and it is quite clear potatoes are off the menu, which in all honesty I already knew, I got over confident I guess, but I only had the one in the pantry and it will not be replaced for sure, the result was two hours after consuming this piece of poison was a BG of 7.7! I will not do that again.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?