Extreme painful feet

zippy100h

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys, I would really love your help.
I have been a well controlled type 1 diabetic for 30 years. My HB1C averages 50
In the last 2.5 months the balls of my feet have really started to cause me issues. The pain can be so unbearable I find it difficult to walk. I have a referral in with podiatry.
I would love to know if there are any of you guys with the same issue and how do you deal with the pain and more importantly what do you do to ease the pain.

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started having trouble after my first Covid jab and my feet and legs were very swollen and excruciatingly painful.
Now it is as though the soles of my feet have lost a layer of padding.
To counter it I have added some resilient foam cut into shape to use as innersoles, and it made a big difference in about a week - it was as though the bones in my feet were bruising the skin from the inside, and the cushioning stopped that.
I tried ordinary innersoles, then two and even three - I tried neoprene and a few other materials around the house before finding something which was resilient and soft enough to protect my feet. It is mainly the balls of my feet which need it, but my heels seem to have improved, and a long standing swelling on the outside of my left ankle has reduced to half what it was just as a bonus.