Extremely worried and depressed.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Veryanxious I had to skip 42 posts but I just want to reassure you about your post-meal of 132 and then later 101. 101 is not that much higher than 100, and you should let it relax you. The longer you keep up with a nice low carb diet, hopefully the lower all the numbers will go.
I am hoping to be a person who didn’t get diabetes. I may have to eat LC/sortaHF the rest of my life, but it will be worth it to keep my vision and toes! My “do or die” second HbA1c appointment is a month from now. The first one was 6.5 (yours and my familiar numbers). I have brought it down to an estimated 5.59 and lost 20 lbs without meaning to (but it’s nice!) since September. If my meter is accurate, I’ll be seeing a very surprised doctor next month!

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Veryanxious I had to skip 42 posts but I just want to reassure you about your post-meal of 132 and then later 101. 101 is not that much higher than 100, and you should let it relax you. The longer you keep up with a nice low carb diet, hopefully the lower all the numbers will go.
I am hoping to be a person who didn’t get diabetes. I may have to eat LC/sortaHF the rest of my life, but it will be worth it to keep my vision and toes! My “do or die” second HbA1c appointment is a month from now. The first one was 6.5 (yours and my familiar numbers). I have brought it down to an estimated 5.59 and lost 20 lbs without meaning to (but it’s nice!) since September. If my meter is accurate, I’ll be seeing a very surprised doctor next month!
With low carb I am getting good results, my a1c was 5.0(took 9 months to drop from 6.0) I couldn' ask more, even when I was not completely on low carb and had quite many sweets on diwali.
My concern is I may have lost ability to process high amount of carbs so early in life. But yes I will probably have to watch my diet now. Cannot consume same amount of carbs as I would.
I hope you do surprise your doctor and get your desired result.

Reactions: zauberflote

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My concern is I may have lost ability to process high amount of carbs so early in life. But yes I will probably have to watch my diet now. Cannot consume same amount of carbs as I would.
It would seem its hereditary, the ability to cope with carbswell or not. Lots of younger non-diabetics don't process carbs well at all. They just don't know it, and end up getting T2 later in life, while others can consume truckloads of carbs and nothing happens. When I was younger I tried to eat like my friends, and couldn't understand why I kept gaining weight. Now I know.
So its prudent of you to watch them, but pack your anxiety away :)

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would seem its hereditary, the ability to cope with carbswell or not. Lots of younger non-diabetics don't process carbs well at all. They just don't know it, and end up getting T2 later in life, while others can consume truckloads of carbs and nothing happens. When I was younger I tried to eat like my friends, and couldn't understand why I kept gaining weight. Now I know.
So its prudent of you to watch them, but pack your anxiety away :)
I wouldn't held hereditary completely responsible.
My actions were responsible in major way. Shouldn't have have consumed food than my stomach could handle. I deliberately ate so that I look fat like normal people instead I swelled up. I am just disappointed that doctors didn't warn me when I went to them with swelling in legs. I had severe adema in legs and my feet used to pain, also could stand for even two hours without feet pain. I went to multiple doctors with that issue not even once they once mentioned that this could due to being overweight and body is not handling carbs well.
One of friends my saw a pic on my FB profile and ping me that how swelled up I am looking.
Mostly my body type is thin. I used eat limited food and was going well with no problems with carbs.
I am trying to get back to what I was, just thinking if it could help.
Not completely deny hereditary but those genes surely got triggered because of that. My mom is 58 now still healthy with no sign of any disease. I think her genes got suppressed. I didn't even get her green eyes genes.:joyful:

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Not completely deny hereditary but those genes surely got triggered because of that. My mom is 58 now still healthy with no sign of any disease. I think her genes got suppressed. I didn't even get her green eyes genes.:joyful:
Well, more or less everything is hereditary, so why wouldn't one's body's ability to cope with carbs be?
My very obese paternal grandfather and grandmother had 6 children. 2 out of those 6 were fathered by different men. Those 2 were the slim ones and the rest very obese, sadly including my dad. As far as I know none of them had T2, but my maternal grandfather did, and died from a heart attack when he was in his late 60es, so you might say I got the worst of both worlds. Oh, my mother was borderline T2. And I didn't inherit my dad's brown eyes, even if they would've looked great with red hair.
So yes, I'm responsible for eating too many carbs and too little fat, because that's what the general population was and still is advised to do, and I believed them, so responsible? That's questionable, isn't it?
Anyway, I used to get odema in my legs too. It would just come and go, and I never found out exactly why. I haven't had the problem for many months now, and my BMI is 33, so still quite overweight. Maybe it has to do with lowering my carb intake? I don't know, but tend to be very relaxed about it.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, low carb has helped. I don't get it when I eat low carb. As Soon I eat high carb I know why my legs swell up.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't use any medicine. I am not clear what results to are referring too.
If you are asking for weight loss it's just low carb diet and I am eating only when I am hungry and I don't eat till I am full. I do exercise a lot.
I am not diagnosed for pre diabetes or diabetes yet, so for blood sugar I don't think you would want to look at my results.

your numbers are all fine , please stop worrying

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
your numbers are all fine , please stop worrying
I have observed that when I eat wheat my numbers are as above.
But when I eat rice I get into pre diabetic range. My fasting sugar is again 103. Had very less white rice yesterday.
If I take pure 75gm of glucose test like I have read on internet, I think I will go in diabetic range.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have observed that when I eat wheat my numbers are as above.
But when I eat rice I get into pre diabetic range. My fasting sugar is again 103. Had very less white rice yesterday.
If I take pure 75gm of glucose test like I have read on internet, I think I will go in diabetic range.

almost everyone can eat that much fruit sugar that they can measure a diabetic/or pre-diabetic level.. ...if one does eat too much... most people don´t do that every day... to be pre-diabetic or full blown diabetic type 2 a person has developed a problem in general on a daily basis in not being able to clear ones blood of excess blood glucose fast enough or at all..

there are a lot of criteria that has to be met to get the diagnosis pre-diabetic , and if worse type 2 diabetic...

What defines having impaired glucose tolerance?/ pre-diabetic :
The WHO (World Health Organisation) indicates that impaired glucose tolerance may be present if people have:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/pre-diabetes.html

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
note the green area is the healthy non-diabetic level, the yellow is the prediabetic, orange , red and dark red are the diabetic area
the HbA1c is an average over the last 3 months blood glucose level.. the GP take a blood sample and from that it is possible to find out the HbA1c from at what level the red blood cells have signs of a glucose binding or something similar to this (red blood cells live in average around 3-4 months

50shades - Copy.png

Reactions: Shahnaz2357

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Recommended target blood glucose level ranges
The NICE recommended target blood glucose levels are stated below for adults with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes and children with type 1 diabetes.

In addition, the International Diabetes Federation's target ranges for people without diabetes is stated. [19] [89] [90]

The table provides general guidance. An individual target set by your healthcare team is the one you should aim for.

NICE recommended target blood glucose level ranges
Target Levels
by Type
Upon waking Before meals
(pre prandial)
At least 90 minutes after meals
(post prandial)
Non-diabetic*
4.0 to 5.9 mmol/L under 7.8 mmol/L
Type 2 diabetes 4 to 7 mmol/L under 8.5 mmol/L
Type 1 diabetes 5 to 7 mmol/L 4 to 7 mmol/L 5 to 9 mmol/L
Children w/ type 1 diabetes 4 to 7 mmol/L 4 to 7 mmol/L 5 to 9 mmol/L
*The non-diabetic figures are provided for information but are not part of NICE guidelines.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Reactions: Shahnaz2357

john1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You need to speak to someone your doctor or dietician. My bood sugars rose from 48 to 121. I have been refered to my local hospital