Eye issues with headaches.

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been thinking about these tests I’ve got to go for regarding the cupped discs in my eyes and the slight increase of pressure behind my eyes follow routine eye test last week and I’m wondering if the tension headaches and stiff neck I get could be a contributing factor if not the actual cause of the problem?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Type-2-Havent-A-Clue, It sounds like someone has diagnosed your headaches as tension headaches with ? some neck troubles contributing.
What the books say is that tension headache is not directly related to eye problems. Yes, I suppose if your neck is strained by having to get close to print etc there may be a connection there ??

Lazybones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cupped disks within the eyes are classic symptoms of raised or elevated internal pressures within the eye and is commonly the result of having Glaucoma which frequently goes un-noticed for some time as it slowly developes (often over many years) and once discovered is usually treated with prescribed Eye Drops to bring the pressures within the eye down to a lower and safer long term level.
Left unteated, Glaucoma (raised Eye Pressure) will perminately damage the eye and the ability to see, usually effecting the outer periphial visual field first and slowly extending into the centre of vision when it is then often first noticed.
Not being able to see as well as one would like, can frequently result in eyestrain which indirectly may also give rise to headaches.
I have mentioned many times in the past of the importance of having a 'PROPER EYE EXAMINATION' by a qualified optician or optometrist. The simple retinal photographs that we diabetics get (now every 2 years) is simply not enough to FULLY examine our eyes for a wide range of potential eye disorders, and can never replace a properly conducted eye examination with all the various tests that go along with it.
We diabetics should therefore always go as a matter of course to either a qualified optician or optomitrist in addidion to having the retinal screening photographs done.

Last edited: