Eye issues

Maggie75

Hi everyone,

I'm T2, just recently started taking my Alogliptin medication again and went back to lower carb eating over the last 2 weeks. I did that when I was first diagnosed in 2020 and it worked great for me and I felt good.

This time since I've started I've felt rubbish and just don't know why. The last couple of weeks I've had severe headaches, last Monday my vision went so bad I could barely see which really scared me, on Thursday I woke up to the worst headache I've ever had, could barely move with it and even very strong painkillers wouldn't shift it. I called the opticians as my vision was very blurry, they saw me the same day, ran all the checks including the one that costs an extra £10 which I'm assuming is the retinopathy one, optician said everything looked fine and she thinks it was an ocular migraine, she also said to rethink my diet as I've never had a migraine before.

Last night I had a burst blood vessel behind my left eye, again something that's never happened, it looked horrendous and was very frightening. Optician advised today it was most probably from the migraine, it's calmed down a little now but scared the heck out of me. Just don't know what's going on, I know nobody here can give medical advice, but has anyone experienced this? Could my diet be causing these awful headaches? Thanks.

Maggie