Eye Screening Question

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I've just had my eye screening again. I've been doing this for 6 years, but this time they said "we'll invite you back again in 2 weeks", which I have never heard before. I am now becoming mildly hysterical, thinking it means they saw something bad. Like most people, I am fairly attached to my eyes.

Does it mean they saw something? Or was it just a slip of the tongue?

Help!!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hug. Never heard of that before, so I'd suggest giving them a call and asking if it is correct and if so can you get the date booked in now so you know and also why it might be.
They might just say, oh no we meant 12 months, bye! Hope so anyway. Let us know.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, not heard that one before.
Best to give them a call and ask what they mean.
Wish you well.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I've just had my eye screening again. I've been doing this for 6 years, but this time they said "we'll invite you back again in 2 weeks", which I have never heard before. I am now becoming mildly hysterical, thinking it means they saw something bad. Like most people, I am fairly attached to my eyes.

Does it mean they saw something? Or was it just a slip of the tongue?

Help!!

Hopefully, you will have been given a letter/leaflet, including numbers to call should you have concerns.

If your screening was done at your GP surgery (by a visiting tea), you could call there.

Fingers crossed your mind can be put to rest quickly.