eye test

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

Not everybody needs the drops. It depends on whether they can get a good enough picture without them. I was lucky and didn't need them. I was in and out again in a few minutes and it was less of an examination than a normal sight test for glasses.

My wife came with me to drive me home in case I needed drops.

Maybe you won't need them, but even if you do, you'll be fine.

SaccharinBabe

Hi, I've had this done a number of times as I participated in an eye related clinical trial last year. It doesn't really sting when they put the drops in your eyes and they warn you beforehand. I agree its a bit like getting shampoo in your eyes. The dilation of your pupils happens gradually and your vision at a distance can get blurry. I was still able to text! They need your pupils to be dilated so they can look behind your eyes to ensure the pressures are ok. this is very important as it can detect if theres a problem. You definitely don't want to go blind do you??

I would agree that sunglasses are a good idea and that staying in a darkened room with your eyes closed for a little while afterwards is good. Any excuse for a nap eh? You will have enlarged pupils for a couple of hours (depending on how much goes in) so you'll have a smouldering, sensuous look for a couple of hours afterwards.

Don't worry about it. You'll be fine. Promise. :D

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I try to book my appointment as late in the afternoon as possible, so I don't have too much time off work. It also means that I don't have to put up with blurry vision for so long as I go to bed before the drops have worn off.

roxy44

thanx everyone....i must be the biggest wimp...i think its all new the diabetes, blood tests eye tests etc....i will go in and tell them how nervous i am and ask if i really need the drops...if i do then so be it...i'm 50 for gods sake...shake myself up!!!.....no it still dunt work i'm still a wimp :lol:

i will dose myself with diazepam so i wont care as much!!! then has my hubby is taking me from his night shift..i will go and have a nap when he goes to bed....then again if my eyes look smouldering ...i might not lol

i will let you all know how i went on later tomorrow...i can then breath again and relax :)

bring it on !!! am ready for you!!!

just remember i'm a wimp though and be gentle lolol

thanx again everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi roxy, good luck today with your eye test! you WILL be fine n let us know how you got on at your appointment . Anna.x :D

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waiting for you to come back to tell us it was a breeze :D
CAROL

sugar2

Hope it went OK Roxy...the most annoying thing for me is not being able to read my pc screen after the drops! hope you an see OK now.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Come on let us know! This is first thing I looked for when I logged on today! Or does hubby like the smouldering eye look and we shouldn't interrupt?