Eye test ...

MaggieAnne

I had a diabetic eye assessment when I was newly diagnosed - just before Christmas. It was not painful and took place at the local hospital. 2 very nice 'nurses' put some anaesthetic drops in my eyes and let me sit for about 10-15 minutes, then when I went back in they took photographs of my eyes with a special camera. Not painful but the drops make your eyes less reactive to brightness and the do not recommend driving immediately afterwards. Indeed I had hubby to drive and it is useful to have some sun glasses to wear as even normal daylight was a little uncomfortable - it seems like bright sunshine. The effect wears off after about 2 hours and all was back to normal. They told me they do this annually to compare the photos and check for diabetic changes.

Smile

Only because I am 15 and currently at school waiting to be picked up in 15 minutes and this is my first eye check since I was diagnosed at christmas last year ... anyway, im scare and afterwards i then have to go to the hospital and go take part in my clinic ... busy diabetic day.

sixfoot

got my 3rd on Saturday no probs just dont drive or they wont let you take it because of the drops.
I actually wanted a copy of the pic but they were reluctant.

Dave P

Trinkwasser

sixfoot said:
got my 3rd on Saturday no probs just dont drive or they wont let you take it because of the drops.
I actually wanted a copy of the pic but they were reluctant.

Dave P

Isn't it a pain when they do that? Somewhere stashed away in the vaults where no-one looks at it is a mangificent picture of my gallstones.