0firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, celery, muesli, to name a few
Eyes watering a lot more then usual.
Has anyone got any views on this, it happens Morning on the way to work, throughout the day and when I am on the way Home, I did think weather related but it is not both eyes mainly the left eye, I am trying to pin it down to food, breakfast is around 30g rolled oats and 2x the same container of unsweetened soya milk in the micro wave for 3 mins, take my tablets, with water whilst I eat, and a cup of black coffee, this is between 6am and 7.10 when I walk out the house within 5 mins my eyes are streaming.

Chris

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eyes watering a lot more then usual.
Has anyone got any views on this, it happens Morning on the way to work, throughout the day and when I am on the way Home, I did think weather related but it is not both eyes mainly the left eye, I am trying to pin it down to food, breakfast is around 30g rolled oats and 2x the same container of unsweetened soya milk in the micro wave for 3 mins, take my tablets, with water whilst I eat, and a cup of black coffee, this is between 6am and 7.10 when I walk out the house within 5 mins my eyes are streaming.

Chris
My OH had this problem several years ago and it was blocked tear ducts (which seems opposite to the symptons). Started in one eye and they sorted it and then in second eye. He went to the hospital for Outpatients, cant remember what exactly they did. Might be worth a trip to your GP.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had this for ages- was at opticians for my eye test and he said I had "dry eyes" can be an age or diabetes related thing - it's just a minor thing nothing to worry about.

He advised artificial tears to put a film over the eyeball - your eyes water to try and compensate for the dryness but the "tears" from watery eyes is different in consistency from the "tears" that coat your eyeball so they continue to water - that's was how he explained anyway

I bought a bottle of artificial tears from specsavers for£3.99 and put them in whenever you feel the need - I do it about 3 times a day and I've seen a vast improvement and I didn't realise my eyes were so itchy until they stopped itching if that makes sense lol

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
My eye doctor told me my tear ducts were plugged, which gives the dry eyes. He said I should place a warm wet facecloth over my eyes, leave it on for 30 seconds or so, and wipe my eyes, twice a day.

It actually helps. I haven't used eye drops in months.

0firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, celery, muesli, to name a few
Thank you lovely people for all the good information keep up the good work