1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Eyes

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Paulm80, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM.

1. Paulm80

Paulm80 · Well-Known Member

Question about eyes, had my eye test last month, came back background retinopathy in one eye, my eyes were absolutely fine unti that point . Now though I keep straining them and they feel dry and gritty
    Is this in my head? My eyesights fine although a little blurry at times but that’s prob from constantly straining them!
    Is this a common thing or am I just mental?

2. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

I suggest visiting an opticians and getting a full eye test.
    The retinal scan only does what is says on the tin and will not diagnose anything else.
    If you have type 1 in the UK you should not have to pay for eye tests.
    Sorry, I do not know about type 2.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook