F1 Chat.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If Ferrari can't string a weekend together through performance or strategy (or Merc really do have beaches worth of sandbags in the W10) I'd really like for Valtteri to have some better luck this time round and challenge Hamilton season long. It will mean maintaining his momentum through the second half of the season when Lewis starts to become untouchable.

On track, Lewis is best in class now Alonso is off the grid. He has something that I think Verstappen and Leclerc also will have as they gain experience and when they get the right team, car and execution under them.

Off track Lewis can be who he wants to be as far as I'm concerned as long as he's not doing anything grossly offensive or untoward. He attracts a lot of exposure that sport wouldn't have without him and his record speaks for itself. He has a standing tally of winning around 1/3rd of all the races he's entered and he's been breaking record after record in the past few years. Who are we to criticise him for having other interests outside of F1 when he's in the paddock and delivering for his team pretty much every race weekend? Would we like the other teams to get some of those victories and limelight? Sure, but there has always been dominance in different eras of the sport and Mercedes are doing a sterling job in the current era. It's up to the Ferraris, Red Bulls and Renaults of this world to up their game and spoil their party.