Failed field vision test

RekaE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had my first vision test after numerous laser treatments and two eye surgeries and i failed. DVLA got my licence revoken. I am panicing now as my job requires my licence. Does anyone know how can i improve or get my licence back? I had the test done 2 weeks after my surgery. Would that change the results?

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do Not Know if you took your test too soon. but it may be difficult to get your licence back quickly. saw this on govt site

Exceptional cases
Group 1 drivers whose previous full driving entitlement was removed because of a field defect failing to satisfy the standard may be eligible for individual relicensing consideration as exceptional cases under the following strict criteria:

• defect must have been
    • present for at least 12 months
    • caused by an isolated event or a non-progressive condition
  • there must be no other condition or pathology regarded as progressive and likely to be affecting the visual fields (panel’s advice is that certain medical conditions, for example glaucoma and retinitis pigmentosa, would always be considered as progressive and so could not be considered as exceptional cases)
  • sight in both eyes
  • no uncontrolled diplopia
  • no other impairment of visual function, including
    • no glare sensitivity, contrast sensitivity or impairment of twilight vision
  • clinical confirmation of full functional adaptation
For exceptional cases considered to be potentially licensable under these criteria, the DVLA will then require a satisfactory practical driving assessment at an approved centre (see Appendix G).

Seems like you may have to wait 12 months at least for a retest advice contact your union (if you have one) Contact your Eye Doctor to see if problems reversible contact your employer to see if they can offer you alternative employment whilst you sort it out. Sorry not to be more cheerful

RekaE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for the quick reply. I have an appointment with my eye doctor tomorrow so i will ask him and speak to work afterwards. Thank you

JenniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had my first vision test after numerous laser treatments and two eye surgeries and i failed. DVLA got my licence revoken. I am panicing now as my job requires my licence. Does anyone know how can i improve or get my licence back? I had the test done 2 weeks after my surgery. Would that change the results?
Ithink this is the 'peripheral vision'test? I had mine at ASDA and failed. I demanded they re-do it and they did - guess what - I passed! You can ask a different optition for a different test (I did the spot the ball on the screen test - but they have many different types of tests). Good luck. I also wonder about just putting mirrors on car wings like we did in the 50's/60's - normal mirrors on car door and extra set for b etter peripheral vision on the front wings. Good luck