Failing Freestyle Libre Sensors

Buxton1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

Just wondering how many of you have had issues with the Freestyle Sensors? I am not overly vigorous or active, yet a sensor came off whilst swimming, then I have had a further 3 just fail mid use. I’ve only had it since early Dec. Seriously considering going back to lancets as I still carry that round as I have no faith in the Libre. I know they replace them, but I’ve just waited the best part of 2.5 weeks for one it’s lasted 5 days and now not working, again. Would appreciate others feedback.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As long as you are following the instructions correctly About generally replace faulty sensors. Give them a call and see what they say.

nessals946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,

Just wondering how many of you have had issues with the Freestyle Sensors? I am not overly vigorous or active, yet a sensor came off whilst swimming, then I have had a further 3 just fail mid use. I’ve only had it since early Dec. Seriously considering going back to lancets as I still carry that round as I have no faith in the Libre. I know they replace them, but I’ve just waited the best part of 2.5 weeks for one it’s lasted 5 days and now not working, again. Would appreciate others feedback.
I use an adhesive spray to keep mine on,skin tac wipes are also brilliant.On top of the sensor you can put tegaderm,that should keep it dry.The last one i had came off despite all of the above,but that was due to a severe hypo overnight and i think the sweat was at fault there.

Reactions: Buxton1998

Buxton1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As long as you are following the instructions correctly About generally replace faulty sensors. Give them a call and see what they say.

I know they replace them, but it’s such a pain and now once again I’m without.

nessals946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I know they replace them, but it’s such a pain and now once again I’m without.
There are pharmacies that sell them over the counter in the meantime,also some people can get them on prescription.Depends what health board you are under.Think places like Boots,lloyds,Tesco and Asda provide them now.There is a backlog of orders from Abbott,its a bit of a shambles at the moment.

Reactions: Buxton1998

Buxton1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are pharmacies that sell them over the counter in the meantime,also some people can get them on prescription.Depends what health board you are under.Think places like Boots,lloyds,Tesco and Asda provide them now.There is a backlog of orders from Abbott,its a bit of a shambles at the moment.

Thanks, it is a shambles, I’ll try chemist, but so disappointed at the amount of failing sensors, where it says it’s finished before the 14 days!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had four that read very high, one flatline and two that stopped early. The last one that stopped early was a replacement for another one that did the same. I also spent a total of four weeks awaiting delivery.

I have not ordered any more. It sobers you up when you repeat to yourself that you are paying £50 a time for this stuff.

Buxton1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had four that read very high, one flatline and two that stopped early. The last one that stopped early was a replacement for another one that did the same. I also spent a total of four weeks awaiting delivery.

I have not ordered any more. It sobers you up when you repeat to yourself that you are paying £50 a time for this stuff.
I don’t think I’m going to order any again, I had one on order And I will ring for a replacement but I seem to be constantly ringing up and then waiting for delivery and £50 is too much to pay out for something so unreliable.