Faint and feeling hypo but blood sugar is 8i

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm at work, and am just eating my lunch. Feeling really faint and weak, had a croissant for breakfast and slept a decent amount last night, it feels as if my bg is just about to plummet massively but my libre is showing 8.0 and flat and my finger prick test is showing 7.9 so not a hypo...

Any suggestions for what it might be?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
do you normally drink a lot of water ?? -- is so possibly over hydrated ( get to GP )

do you drink hardly any water ? if so could be under hydrated which can also cause light headedness
( get to a GP )

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What bg figures were you before the 8.0?

amyhowes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If your blood sugars are regularly high then your body will be used to high blood sugars as being normal and so thinks that more normal results are hypos when obviously they're not

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm type2 and I've had what @amyhowes has described too. Its common.
Once you bring your levels down your hypo sensitivity will be more accurate. Not too low thou as some lose their sensitivity in dangerous low bgs.

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all! My hypo sensitivity is pretty good, and normally drink a lot of water! Thanks for the suggestions, it passed after an hour or so. All very odd but hopefully won't happen again, thanks for all your advice