srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Hi All,

I just wanted to admit that I am really struggling to get back on track - I just do not seem able to avoid the carbs, I am back to square one with the cravings.
I feel like a failure - I had got things going so well and then slowly things have slipped and now I am feeling really out of control and not knowing how to get back on track.
I have put a little bit of weight that I had lost back on as well, yesterday I did get to doing some exercise and hope I can keep that up and increase it but I need to get my eating back on track - will get my testing kit out and make a real effort to get back to checking my readings.
I know other's have fallen off and just wondered how they managed to get back on track and if they had any tips that might help me!
Thank you for reading.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
The important thing is that you’re trying again and realising that things had become a problem. Mindfulness and changing how you look at the carbs can help perhaps with making some low carb variants or even some really nice low carb meals to get your taste back for them will help.

Another piece of advice is to just keep it simple, keep testing and don’t stress about what to eat. Keep it just the basics for now and build up.

Best of luck and welcome back to the fray, wishing you all the best!

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
It is important to be kind to yourself when this happens. It is hard to be disciplined all of the time, although in my experience it gets easier to maintain a low carb diet the longer you practice it. If you are still hooked on the carbs, try to switch to less damaging versions. Increasing fat sources such as cheese and nuts can help control the raging appetite that always comes with a carb binge. You just need to wait for the moment when you feel that you can go back to eating properly. If you eat carbs as a reaction to an emotional or stress event, you could consider finding what I call a "stress food". Choose something that you enjoy eating or drinking but is not too damaging carb -wise and only eat it when the stress or emotional trouble strikes. I use Pepsi Max as my stress food and it works quite well.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Thank you for taking the time to pass on good advice.
I will try and be a bit kinder to myself and I will try and come up with a few ideas on good meals that might help me rather than day to day.....
Life has been stressful - moved home and into a new area so lost close friends and building a new life which hopefully will help me to live a less stressed life - which was part of the reason for making this huge change in life. I do not regret the move just finding it a little hard to find a support network that I left behind!

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
The fact that you have posted here shows that you want to succeed. Don't set your sights too high. If you binge on carbs now and again it won't kill you it probably won't even affect you HBA1C test unless you do it too often. You are trying to change the eating habit of a lifetime, so there are bound to be occasional setbacks. Just try to eat a bit less carbs every week and you will soon start to see the results.

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for taking the time to pass on good advice.
I will try and be a bit kinder to myself and I will try and come up with a few ideas on good meals that might help me rather than day to day.....
Life has been stressful - moved home and into a new area so lost close friends and building a new life which hopefully will help me to live a less stressed life - which was part of the reason for making this huge change in life. I do not regret the move just finding it a little hard to find a support network that I left behind!
Hi there, cut yourself a little slack, carbs will win the odd battle but you will win the war. More so when you see how many people are standing with you.
THIS IS CARB SPARTA!!