Falling apart.....

Caz_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Do you ever feel like you are falling apart although at 53 it's probably old age started to creep on?

It started with my cells attacking my own body and a problem in shall we say one's private bits! Then bad carpel tunnel in my left hand but fortunately a cortisone injection did the trick (albeit that due to the pain of the injection i nearly passed out) with just the odd twinge until recently. The diabetes diagnosis came next and was under control until recently when my bg readings shot up. Then came the frozen left shoulder although two plus years on it's painful particularly if i have carried something heavy so as arthritis is in the family more likely it is that. Now my right arm is playing up...really achy. Both ache in the morning and are stiff particularly if i have laid on one if them. Will get the diabetes sorted first and then more onto the arms....can see i am going to be a regular at the docs for a while yet lol

As for the mild depression am just grateful it's mild most of the time these days after my two stints in the Priory in 2001 and 2004.

Still many have far worse conditions so shall just accept the perils of aging and smile through... be grateful for the NHS and keep getting on my bike. Think a bit of yoga in 2018 may help too

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you ever feel like you are falling apart although at 53 it's probably old age started to creep on?

It started with my cells attacking my own body and a problem in shall we say one's private bits! Then bad carpel tunnel in my left hand but fortunately a cortisone injection did the trick (albeit that due to the pain of the injection i nearly passed out) with just the odd twinge until recently. The diabetes diagnosis came next and was under control until recently when my bg readings shot up. Then came the frozen left shoulder although two plus years on it's painful particularly if i have carried something heavy so as arthritis is in the family more likely it is that. Now my right arm is playing up...really achy. Both ache in the morning and are stiff particularly if i have laid on one if them. Will get the diabetes sorted first and then more onto the arms....can see i am going to be a regular at the docs for a while yet lol

As for the mild depression am just grateful it's mild most of the time these days after my two stints in the Priory in 2001 and 2004.

Still many have far worse conditions so shall just accept the perils of aging and smile through... be grateful for the NHS and keep getting on my bike. Think a bit of yoga in 2018 may help too
So sorry your going through this and I’m ready for slumber so I’ll keep it short if you don’t mind.
ALL my aches and pains and arthritis went away years ago after I ditched ALL grains, dairy, nightshades and legumes. ALL of which are known to cause muscle and joint aches and pains.

Worth a shot. Give them all up for a week

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello ladies.
Kristin's post here got me thinking (which is not usual).
Your arthritis and aches and pains disappeared when you stopped eating the stuff you mention above - which is brilliant.
I may be wrong, but your symptoms were all those of inflammation.
Sugar I believe causes inflammation and inflammatory disease - one good reason for cutting down on carbs.
But I wonder if many of us are also susceptible in a similar way to one or many foods - in other words have allergic reactions to them.
You seems to have gone 'blanket' by cutting out all you have.
I wonder if many people may benefit from an allergy screen to actually find out the particular things that cause us trouble??
Just by way of example, if I eat tomatoes I get a mild reaction in my throat (mild allergy I presume) so I have never eaten them. But I do have a fair amount of milk / cheese. Although I don't have noticeable symptoms the only way I'll find out is an allergy test.
You've obviously looked at this in detail Kristin, but is it possible that only select things on your list are causing you problems?
The subject of inflammation is important to me because of vascular disease.