Falling off the wagon...

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
Just want to vent really and have no-one to vent to, so here I am...
Have done so well since Jan on LCHF and was so focused, then 3 weeks ago some may remember I ended up with bronchitis and diet slightly went out the window as hubby was looking after me. Well I'm almost back to myself, but I'm getting down as I still can't use my treadmill due to being out of breath... I've also had a few naughty days with carbs and sweet things and feel like I've got to start all over again. I'm gutted as it was becoming so easy to do IF everyday and now I'm back at the beginning. I've not gained any weight thankfully and my bg levels are still in the 5's mostly, but just annoyed at myself and don't want to slip back even further seriously thinking of getting ketone urine strips now as I've probably kicked myself out of ketosis. Fed up, but it's my own fault...tomorrow is another day as they say. Sorry for the ramble..

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hey we can't help falling off the wagon sometimes @AngiH because we're only human aren't we? The fact that you are willing to get right back on the horse and keep going again works out so well for you. Don't blame yourself at all, there's a lot going on there and I am glad you're on the mend. Keto strips are a nice and easy way to tell that you're back again so go for it!

M

Member496333

Anyway there is no waggon. You’re either doing the right thing for you or you’re not. If you’re not, then do. The idea of a waggon to fall off promotes the mindset of deprivation :D

D

Deleted Account

I wouldn't want to generalise but most people who write "it's my own fault" when they have had bronchitis are being a bit hard on themselves :)
I suggest you give yourself a bit of slack and don't rush your body's return to normality ... and low carb. :nurse:

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyway there is no waggon. You’re either doing the right thing for you or you’re not. If you’re not, then do. The idea of a waggon to fall off promotes the mindset of deprivation :D
This actually makes sense Jim, I shouldn't need that wagon anymore I'm definitely doing what is good for me it's just been a bit more of a struggle these last 2 weeks...onwards we go

Reactions: Prem51

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't want to generalise but most people who write "it's my own fault" when they have had bronchitis are being a bit hard on themselves :)
I suggest you give yourself a bit of slack and don't rush your body's return to normality ... and low carb. :nurse:
Thank you, I know the bronchitis isn't my fault but the slipping with my low carb is, but I'm not one for giving up, just taken a few steps back is all and I'm still recovering which is frustrating as it's so slow......

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey we can't help falling off the wagon sometimes @AngiH because we're only human aren't we? The fact that you are willing to get right back on the horse and keep going again works out so well for you. Don't blame yourself at all, there's a lot going on there and I am glad you're on the mend. Keto strips are a nice and easy way to tell that you're back again so go for it!
Thank you, I won't give up and yes life throws us all lemons sometimes I'm going to order my strips right now.

Reactions: Prem51

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Concentrate on getting better. When you have the strength you can climb back on the nonexistent waggon. Or horse.

Reactions: Sue192 and AngiH

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
How are you doing now Angie? Hope you are enjoying the lovely spring weather and generally feeling better.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How are you doing now Angie? Hope you are enjoying the lovely spring weather and generally feeling better.
Hi Lizzy
I am well now thank you, I can't believe it lasted a month. I've been out today buying plants for the garden, I love this time of year.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thats lovely, Spring always feels so hopeful. Did you get them all planted? its so easy to buy plants but actually deciding where they will go and digging the holes is another matter.

Reactions: AngiH

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats lovely, Spring always feels so hopeful. Did you get them all planted? its so easy to buy plants but actually deciding where they will go and digging the holes is another matter.
All planted although it took a week.. I'm not one for doing the gardening, just the shopping bit haha.