Fantastic NEW Zero glycemic sweetener - 'ZSWEET'

Hi All,
I was diagnosed with 'type 2' diabetes a few of months and after some weeks of being a bit down I then decided to do my best to alter my diet in order to help myself.
I tried all the artificial sweeteners and could not stand the metallic aftertaste. My sister who lives in the U.S. sent me some 'ZSWEET' to try and WOW it is lovely. Natural, absolutely Zero calories, Zero glycemic load, and for me the best of all is NO aftertaste, it even does not cause tooth decay...magic.
It is now in the U.K. got some in the post and myself and my wife made some delicious chocolate cookies. Their website is : www.zsweet.eu

Cheers,
Connor & Mary.

kelly29

Hi Conor. Thanks for info on Zsweet. Am looking for suitable sweeteners for friend. I see that Splenda and Canderel are low calorie sweeteners. Do you know if Zsweet is actually zero calorie or not as my friend is also trying to keep her weight under control. 8)
Thanks
Kelly29

Hi Kelly29,
Your question about calories and Zsweet got me doing some more investigating, on their website [www.zsweet.eu] there is a whole section under 'Health Profesionals' that goes into great detail about the ingredient 'Erythritol' that Zsweet is made from. It comes from the fermented juice of melons and grapes and was passed by the E.U. in 2008 as ABSOLUTELY ZERO calorie ....Maybe the big food companies should use it and perhaps it might help with obesity problems.

Cheers,
Conor,

PS,
Really like the new look Forum on diabetes.co.uk

kelly29

Conor...thank you so much for information. If it's that good, I'll get some myself for weight control. Sounds too good to be true. I'll let you know how I get on. Kelly 29 :D

kelly29

Hi all. Just came across Zsweet mentioned in September issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine under 'Ask the Experts' section, page 76. They say it is good to bake with.

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Does anyone know if you can buy this in the shops or just from the online store, i've also noticed that us poor brits are being charged just about double for what this sells for in the US :x

gbswales

I thought this sounded great until I saw the price - even on the UK website
If its the same as sugar I would need 200g of the 300g packet to make about .7 of a litrel of ice cream - that would make it dearer than Ben and Jerrys (not saying I buy that just a price comparison) and that is before counting the cost of egg yolks low fat cream etc etc :roll:

I am sure that at the right price Tesco would sell it under there own brand £3 - £4 for 500g is as much as most people could pay - I am sure these companies develop something and then try to make a big profit out of selling small quantities on line - thats the evil of the free market economy for you!

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
£13.24p delivered for a 300g pouch is way too rich for my pocket :? will have to get my sister to bring some over from US when she visits at xmas :)