Fantastic opportunity for keen exercisers

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In May this year I took part in the Animas Sports Weekend at Loughborough University, and I learned SO MUCH about exercising safely and successfully as a type 1 diabetic. It gave me so much confidence with regard to my relatively new fitness hobby!

They're running it again, and registration has just opened. I can THOROUGHLY recommend this as a fun, educational, active weekend with 50 or so fellow type 1s - do go ahead and read more about it - places are likely to go quickly.

I am not a customer of Animas but was still very welcome.

And it's for all levels of exercisers - there were ultrarunners, ironman triathletes, marathon des sables veterans, endurance cyclists, as well as the likes of me (hobby runner and swimmer, can just about manage parkrun).

Read all about it here:

Dear Delegate,

Thank you for your interest regarding the Animas® Sports Weekend.

We would just like to inform you that registration for the Animas® Sports Weekend8thOctober has NOW opened.

To register and find out more information please visit www.animascorp.co.uk/sportsweekend

Please note: There are a maximum of 50 places available and will be allocated to newcomers first on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kind Regards,

The Animas Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Will there be another??

Yes they run them annually, or twice a year I think.

But they are for type 1 diabetics. Animas, who provide the weekend, is an insulin pump company. The weekend is about how to exercise while managing type 1 diabetes.

MDHalstead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I meant. I am trying to get of my meds through diet and exercise.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They run them in May and October - and spaces go quickly! Do register your interest with them, @brighty14 , and they'll get in touch when they're booking the next one.

:)