1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fast. Feast. Repeat.: The Clean Fast Protocol for Health

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by frankbegbie, Jul 5, 2020.

1. frankbegbie

frankbegbie · Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Any insights? Is it suggesting intermittent fasting, with some days of eating without limits?

3. frankbegbie

frankbegbie · Well-Known Member

The main thing I got from it was not to fast 2 days in a row as it can slow your metabolism down.
    I'll be sticking to my low carb high fat way of eating but not doing any fasts more than 24 hours.

I've had no success with losing weight when sticking to an 8-16 way of eating for the last 3/4 years with the odd longer fast as well.

So far I've done a 24h fast every other day this week. I'll stick to it for a few weeks just to give it a good chance.
    It gives you a few options to try, like one meal a day or 5-2 or 3-4.

If none of this works I'm finished and will have to admit defeat.

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook