Fasting BG readings

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I had my last meal at 18.30 last night which was steamed fish with broccoli, cauliflower and cheese sauce, I drank black tea before going to bed, my reading before bed (11.00pm) was 7.5 mmol this morning my fasting reading was 8.6 mmol, I have read posts about liver dump etc, but I really expected my readings to be lower, I have a real struggle to get my fasting BG down I had one freak result of 6 mmol apart from that they are constantly at around 8 to 9 mmol.

Exercise was a 15 minute walk at 8.30pm so nothing too strenuous.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the morning bg down, I cannot take metformin due to medical reasons.

Thanks

Type2 diagnosed May, meds 320mg zicladine, bmi 24 age 47 male.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I suffer this too, see my previous posts. I have just stopped metformin 2g a day as that seemed to have no effect. For example I had a zero carb tea at 6pm, a red wine during the evening, and had a low for me pre bed reading of 6.0. I got up for a wee at 1.15 and tested 8.5, and by 6.30 this morning I was up to 9.0.

I'm hoping to see my consultant soon to discuss as I have been like this for far too long with nothing seemingly doing anything to reduce it.

I'll be interested to see what others say.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Barry, hope some have got a few tips and tricks to help, I read in a previous post that having a small supper can help but it did not work for me, yesterday I had a lowish carb intake as well, below 100 which is lower than my nrom so baffling

Mark

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
mch1966 said:
Thanks Barry, hope some have got a few tips and tricks to help, I read in a previous post that having a small supper can help but it did not work for me, yesterday I had a lowish carb intake as well, below 100 which is lower than my nrom so baffling

Mark

I was diagnosed October 2011. After a few months settling down, I have had a pretty consistent pattern. I have a detailed spreadsheet with graphs and trend lines which show pretty much no change over the whole time, whilst changing everything.

I've experimented with Gliclazide, between 80 & 320mg per day, metformin, 500mg to 2g per day (absolutely no change there - weird, just stopped to see if there's a change the wrong way now), supper, no supper, low carbing, just can't seem to stop liver dumping (I resume) overnight.

Looking forward to some ideas too.