srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Hi everyone,

I am new to the fasting option so I have a few questions - I did not feel too good over the weekend so I went without breakfast - I did eat lunchtime and I then took my morning medication then.

So this morning I decided to test and do the same - so overnight I was 7.2 - after an hour I was 7.5 then just prior to eating lunch 6.0.

So my questions - my fast was around about 15 hours - is this good to start with - hospital said no more than 12 hours but that was with regards to a fasting blood test. I know other's on the site fast for a lot longer - but as someone starting out how long should you go, I was hungry by lunchtime. Will fasting mess up my usual readings? I have my hospital fasting blood tests next week - should I avoid fasting until after this?

Any information would be really useful.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have anything at all between getting up and lunch time? Drinks?

I skip breakfast every day but I do have a decaff coffee with double cream within 10 minutes of getting out of bed and before doing anything else. I then have a cup of tea mid morning. That works for me and has brought my pre-lunch readings down very significantly. Also I'm not hungry. I sometimes even forget it is lunch time. The fat in the cream has filled me up.

My regime is that I start my evening meal about 7pm and next eat about 1pm the following day.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Did you have anything at all between getting up and lunch time? Drinks?

I skip breakfast every day but I do have a decaff coffee with double cream within 10 minutes of getting out of bed and before doing anything else. I then have a cup of tea mid morning. That works for me and has brought my pre-lunch readings down very significantly. Also I'm not hungry. I sometimes even forget it is lunch time. The fat in the cream has filled me up.

My regime is that I start my evening meal about 7pm and next eat about 1pm the following day.

Yes I did have a cup of coffee and some plain water.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Generally fasting is one of the most effective way to normalize glucose levels and restore metabolic health...whether you choose intermittent fasting of 16 hours, or extended fast up to 120 hours. They can used for different purposes.

Check out Dr Jason Fung's blog for his insights on bariatric surgery inspired fasting for T2D reversal...
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/

But if you are on medication, then you would require medical supervision to make the necessary medical dosage adjustments or take into considerations your other medical conditions.