fasting

Lisa5

Hello there.

Would like fo hear from people who have introduced fasting as part of controlling Their Type 2 diabetes please.
I'm on 25mgs of synjardy and 2grams of nenformin separately. Its made me feel unwell woth 2 urinary infections. I'm 49 and more active now than ever. Would love to get my HBAIC from 88 down. I've gad type 2 for 17 yrs now.
Thank you.

KeredG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am 66 and a type 2 diabetic taking 2x 5mg/1000mg tablets of Synjardy per day together with Lantus slow acting insulin and NovoRapid insulin if needed. About 6 months ago I started Fasting from 22:00h till 15:00h daily. I have gone from 112kg to 89.5kg in weight, that's a 22.5kg weight loss, reduced my Lantus daily intake from 69units to 18 units and only used once the NovaRapid insulin on Christmas day, 4units.
Just over a month ago I started using the freestyle libre2 CGM and have learned more in the last month than in years pricking my fingers. As from Monday I am going to stop Lantus altogether as as I slowly reduce the amount my readings have gotten better and better whereas before I had to keep increasing to keep stable readings. I suspect that I was suffering from Insulin resistance. I have also learned a lot from a guy on YouTube called Jason Fung, I recommend his channel, well worth a watch to learn more about Fasting. (I cannot post a link to his channel as I'm a new user here, Forum rules)
I am lucky as the only reaction I have had with the Synjardy is about 15 minutes after taking a tablet I get a slight runny nose when I start eating.
Good luck with the fasting.