Faults-what should the procedure be?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi

What should be the procedure be if someone (like myself) thinks thee is a problem with a particular batch of sets or tubing or pump etc?

(I have to order and collect my consumables from my hospital, and return my consumbales through the hospital too).

Should we notify our health professionals as well as the manaufacturer?
Is there any offical guidelines on this from NICE or MHRA etc?

teasytux

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey,

Recently I had a problem with a few Contact-Detach. When disconnected from my body air immediately went straight up the small tubing (bad seal probably). I phoned my Pump DSN at my hospital and she said to keep her informed if any more happened the same as the batch could be faulty and she would have to phone the pump company (who issue the supplies) to report. So I would probably guess the same would apply? In any case it doesn't do any harm to tell the company of the problem too.

Regards
TTux :)

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Teasytux this might be what happened to me!! I used a contact detach and had major air bubble issues, which may have happened while detached. Could you please look at my other post "Have I been dumb" and see what you think? :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
OMG!!!!

Teasytux-did you send your sets back to the manufacturer for them to check? Or did your nurse do it?

Did you change batches or did the problem resolve with the air?

This is the sort of thing that makes me a little anxious, as I am one person that has been saying to pmushy how fail proof the steel sets are, and now it seems that they aren't? How did you resolve the issue with the air when disconnecting? Did you actually phone the manufacturer?