Type 2 Faulty sensor

Duchess4eva

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Its 3:27am (English time) and I have been woken up 4 times with my sensor alarm for suspected ‘low’ readings. . Im exhausted. The sensor has only been on for 8 hours as I changed it last night. I have done a few finger pricks and when the sensor said 3.8 the finger pricks said 12.1 ‍♀️. Im exhausted and dont know what to do. Should I change the sensor now or wait until morning? I have never had this issue before…

Duchess4eva

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Update…. Changed the sensor as the finger prick was now showing 14 and the sensor was saying 4.1. … got to wait an hour to see if its better

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like you have a faulty sensor. Even taking into consideration new sensors can read low due to the irritation caused by the filament that's way off. I hope your next sensor is better.

Reactions: Duchess4eva

Duchess4eva

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, i had to change the sensor in the middle of the night and when i took it out the needle didn’t even look like a needle and was bendy and soft.
The new one seems to get ok. I was reading 7.6 and the finger prick was 6.7…. I understand that the finger prick is always gonna be more accurate but I dont understand how in general the sensor figures are always different to finger prick measures

Reactions: Melgar

Duchess4eva

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, that didn’t make much sense lol.. I mean I dont understand how the 2 readings can be so different.