Favourite Desserts / Sweets which aren't too bad!

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a really sweet tooth and although my dieting is relatively recent so I'm quite happy to go without (ish) to keep to my diet, I would really like to know what everyone likes to eat for Dessert or a special treat which is fairly responsible and not likely to massively spike your BS and low in carbs.

From other peoples posts I'm seeing the following "treats":

1. Nellie Dellies - sweet liquorice made from stevia and raw liquorice with no added sugar with 5 carbs per 100gms https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/4189eo2BH+L._SX385_.jpg (post from @Freema )
  2. Fat Bombs - http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/03/24/60-amazing-fat-bomb-recipes (post from @Brunneria )
  3. Ricola and Sula Sweets and Boots 'no added sugar' chocolate caramels, Werthers Original sugar free creamy toffees (post from @Prem51 )
  4. Pukka peppermint and liquorice tea - 0 carbs (post from @Avocado Sevenfold)
  5. 70% or 85% dark chocolate (post from @Cat0409_ ) and 85% dark chocolate (post from @Tabbyjoolz , @JohnEGreen )
  6. Banana and crunchy peanut butter (post from @therower )
  7. A few raspberries/blueberry with cream (me!)
  8. A few nuts - usually a few almond or 1-2 walnuts (me!)
  9. Low carb lemon meringue pies http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2016/07/22/low-carb-lemon-meringue-pies/ (post from @AndBreathe )
  10. Greek yoghurt with almonds, flax seed and blueberries (post from @Ledzeptt )
  11. Boursin on crackers (post from @Ledzeptt )
  12. Chocolate oat cakes (post from @Ledzeptt )...recipe please @Ledzeptt
  13. Peanut/chocolate/orange zest clusters (post from Avocado Sevenfold) ...recipe please @Avocado Sevenfold
  14. co-yo ice creams - 6 or 7g of carbs per 100g from healthfood shops and Sainsbury's (post from @Jasperville )
  15. home made icecream Cornish style with lots of double or clotted cream, cocoa, other stuff like berries then stick it in the freezer (post from @nottslass )
  16. Not tried but putting it out there....bread and butter pudding made with Lidl protein bread (me!)
  17. small muffin with butter (post from @Brunneria )
  18. Chia seed in almond milk and cocoa (post from @mo53 )
  19. Nectarine, St Agur cheese (post from @debrasue )
  20. Strawberries with yoghurt (post from @mo53 )
So...can we please add a load more for added inspiration? :) xx

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Snootybutnice, thank you for the mention. My other recent face, inspired by your fruits and cream on a tiny plate, is three strawberries, thinly sliced, crammed into an espresso cup, with a dollop of clotted cream on the top!

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gorgeous Tabbyjoolz :-D glad to inspire LOL

..hubby has just come home with some Hartleys jelly for me - mango and passion fruit flavour. It has 9 calories, 0 fat, 1.8 carbs - it does however taste of aspartame so not so nice and has 0 protein. I thought jelly was supposed to be protein coming from bones? Anyway will add cream! ;-)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Gorgeous Tabbyjoolz :-D glad to inspire LOL

..hubby has just come home with some Hartleys jelly for me - mango and passion fruit flavour. It has 9 calories, 0 fat, 1.8 carbs - it does however taste of aspartame so not so nice and has 0 protein. I thought jelly was supposed to be protein coming from bones? Anyway will add cream! ;-)
Aww... You have to love the guys who bring you home something 'legal' to eat!

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
he had strict orders @ellagy ...he was talking about chips for himself - told him to go ahead but he felt too guilty LOL ;-) x

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Eaton Mess - Strawberries (8g Carb per 100g) + half a meringue nest (6g carb) broken up, plus whipped or clotted cream.

Reactions: Blitzie

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't forget Oppo ice cream as a special treat 7.6g of carbs per 100ml I usually have mine with a few raspberries and some double cream poured over.

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Snootybutnice

13. Peanut/chocolate/orange zest clusters - stir any nuts/peanuts into melted dark chocolate, spoon into teaspoon sized blobs, top with orange or lime zest, put in the fridge.

25khj86.jpg

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz