1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fed Up

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by trudy1, Aug 17, 2016.

1. trudy1

trudy1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had a fall yesterday and have torn my knee. Now have to wear a brace on it and told not to do any exercise. I'm just fed up as been walking 20,000+ steps a day and I go away on Monday to the new forrest. Feeling really down

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Sorry to hear this.
    How long did they say you had to rest it?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Nasty, hope it gets better soon.

John

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. davecatt

davecatt Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My sister teaches Yoga and she's told me about armchair yoga she teaches as recuperation, that might help and help you relax as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Hiitsme

Hiitsme Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I also use walking as a way of keeping my blood sugars under control and don't know what would happen if I suddenly couldn't keep it up. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. trudy1

Thank you all. Been told to rest it for 4-6weeks. Will definitely look into the armchair exercises as want to stay active as much as I can. I will just have to take it very easy on holiday, we are going with my in laws and my little neices so can't let them down. Got tramadol from the doctors and they make me very sleepy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. eunice61

eunice61 Type 2 · Member

Seriously, do what they tell you. I tore my left knee three times and ended up with roughened cartilage, which caused the ligaments to catch. I ended up with an operation. Even if it cuts into your walking time, rest your knee. You don't want to be like me, with arthritis in both knees because of those injuries.

• Like Like x 2
  8. trudy1

Thank you so much. I will do as I'm told as I don't want it to get any worse. Thank you again for your help

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook