1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Feedback from today

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Type-2-Havent-A-Clue, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you for your feedback on my way forward from now on regarding my meals etc.

It is clear that I’m having too much by the way of dairy so I will be cutting that back. I think grating on cheese will be better served for my meals in future.

My greens intake I’m going to say is moderately successful? I’d be grateful if you have any other suggestions on what I could do with my vegetables or even some others to try.

I’ve decided from my own perspective to cut my portion sizes down to around a sandwich plate size for lunch and allow myself something a little more varied and fulfilling for dinner.

I’m going to break down carbs to 10g per meal or less if I can do so. Keeping my plan to not have breakfast.

If you have any suggestions or comments let me know below

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My breakfast is best described as brunch and always served on a side plate.

Currently breakfast consists of scrambled eggs, everything there 20g black pudding, had gheat sausages 97 per cent or today a couple of hot dog sausages, but read the ingredients.

Grating cheese may reduce your dairy but I am wary of telling anyone what to do.

We are all different and have to find our own way, frustrating but true.

So far you are doing amazingly well. Don't tweak too much at once, it can get confusing.

By all means up your leafy greens to replace some dairy but keep a detailed food diary so you can explain your differences in readings and weight.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Do what is right for you. Take it steady and remember you are looking for a sustainable way of eating not a crash diet that will leave you feeling deprived.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook