Feeestyle libre new software now way inaccurate?

Serial45

Ok so I had a message to say freestyle had upgraded the android software for more accurate readings. So I jumped right on it. Only since the update my readings are WAY off.

All night my sensor thinks I've been in the red or LO. When I've been above 3.8 on my finger prick. I control my bloods really tightly in the 4 to 7 range, if I went off the libre I'd be out of range with the carb correction dose!! :(.

Take a look here it thinks I'm 2.2 and I'm 5.4, I know there's a delay but I've scanned 5 times overnight and each time it's been out by 2-4 mmol! I sure know my feelings when in low and I can feel if I drop below 3.5, if I was 2.2 I would be incoherent!!

Fuming :(.

How can I resolve?

I've only had the libre for a month. In that time 2 sensors have fell off during the 14 days and I've had to get replacements. The accuracy has been great up until last night! :(.View attachment 33845
Screenshot_20190621-065607_LibreLink.jpeg

Serial45

I don't think there is a way to resolve it and to be honest nothing is 100% accurate.

If you want to invest in a MiaoMiao (Bluetooth transmitter) and xDrip or GLIMP (free software) that allows you to add calibration to get round the issue of inaccuracy.
For the last 4 weeks it has been perfect. Can I revert the software at all? I'm convinced the latest update is the issue :(

Definitely will be investing in a miaomiao when the second version comes out :).

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve updated to my ios and it seems the same, accurate between 4-9 and inaccurate when its low and high in double figures.

Reactions: Knikki

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Each sensor is different. Some are more accurate than others. Occasionally I get one that is spot on. Or waaaay out. Most are somewhere in between. I found that the more sensors I used, the more I got the feel for what was happening.

Serial45

Each sensor is different. Some are more accurate than others. Occasionally I get one that is spot on. Or waaaay out. Most are somewhere in between. I found that the more sensors I used, the more I got the feel for what was happening.
The sensor was great for the past 3 days. It's just gone haywire since the new update. It's out by at least 2 mmol.

D

Deleted Account

I second the suggestion from @Knikki to use alternative free software which allows calibration.
I use Glimp now and have much closer results than I do with LibreLink.

I have just had 30 minutes without my pump so not surprised to see finger prick 4.4 and Glimp 3.7 with rising arrow as the sensor is 15 minutes behind. However, LibreLink says 5.3 which is definitely wrong.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
have to say my app has been much closer since I updated it on Wednesday, furthest it's been out to a finger prick since updating is 0.8mmol usually only 0.1-0.2mmol since the update and that's on a sensor over a week old xx

Serial45

spoken to freestyle they're treating it as a faulty sensor and sending me a new one out.
This is the third replacement sensor i've had in a month!

First one fell off after 12 days, second one come off after 10. Then this! sigh.