1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

FEEL annoyed with myself

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lulu9101112, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Lulu9101112

Lulu9101112 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Basically I was on way home I was thirsty from cycling so decided to lock my bike up get my purse out to get drink and snack from a shop but then I noticed I didn’t have my purse when I got to the till and I did have it when I got in. I went back and it wasn’t there so I asked at till and someone handed it in but when I checked my bank card was only thing in it and i remember having cash notes on the purse st college lunch time. The staff member did check CCTV did eventually find when I dropped it and who picked it up but you couldn’t see that persons hand from angle of camera.
    So I have a feeling the person who found it stole the money out my purse. The staff member did say he’ll check CCTV again and if he finds anything he’ll call me.
    Ps there’s nothing i can do to get my cash back which is annoying (if there is a way please mention as it was quite a bit of money in cash but not a huge amount)
    ☹️

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Contralto

Contralto Type 2 · Expert

get a waistpack. It's harder to get pickpocketed when you are literally wearing your cash and carbs. And make that a front pack, not a back pack

#2 Contralto, Mar 14, 2018 at 2:30 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
  3. Lulu9101112

Lulu9101112 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

yesterday didnt get pick pocketed i dropped my purse or it fell out of my pocket the woman who handed it must of stolen it out of my purse and left the bank card on purpose so she can't get tracked :(. and that mentioning about a pack wouldn't work as it would get in the way off cycling.

4. Contralto

Contralto Type 2 · Expert

The pack I was talking about is something that wouldn't interfere with biking. The front kind is worn under clothing and the back version under clothing a jacket or coat. One uses this instead of a purse or backpack. The word backpack was inserted by moderators who think that what I was describing is called in the US and many other countries comprises some nasty meaning in the UK.

I went to Amazon.uk, not to be confused with the US version. Evidently, the UK terminology for what I was describing as more pocket pickable is a bum bag or waist pack. What I was describing as safer is a money belt or running belt or undercover hidden pocket

Backpack
    in the US is something huge worn over shoulders

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Backpacks-Luggage/s?ie=UTF8&me=A2OAJ7377F756P&page=1&rh=n:2644625031

The word starting with the letter F and ending in the letter Y that got censored is actually in US English a cute word for the body parts involved. The UK evident equivalent, bum, is consider inappropriate in polite American English

5. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Lulu9101112 ,

Have you considered trying a chained wallet like the one pictured below?

image.jpeg
    Though, retro mid 1990s. I've not lost a wallet yet!

Hope this helps.

@Contralto , you were probably referring to a lumbar pack?

One of these...

image.jpeg

#5 Jaylee, Mar 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook