Feel like I need to celebrate ...

callieuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know, I knew it's premature yet - but I sat earlier on and put 3 months of bg readings on my sugar. Disheartened me massively, only a small handful of results are in "single" figures and none were below 8.9

I am counting carbs etc now and just did a pre-meal test and it was 6.6 #happydance. I am expecting a spike after dinner as we have new potatoes, but I am still learning how much and when this happens - will still keep me in the 30g carb count thankfully.

I'm all for small wins ;) 6.6 is something I never expected this quickly :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
congratulations you´ll get there I am sure... it takes some month to get HbA1c down .. 3-6 month... because that is an avarage over the last 3-4 months

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know, I knew it's premature yet - but I sat earlier on and put 3 months of bg readings on my sugar. Disheartened me massively, only a small handful of results are in "single" figures and none were below 8.9

I am counting carbs etc now and just did a pre-meal test and it was 6.6 #happydance. I am expecting a spike after dinner as we have new potatoes, but I am still learning how much and when this happens - will still keep me in the 30g carb count thankfully.

I'm all for small wins ;) 6.6 is something I never expected this quickly :)
congratulations- small successes are what keep everyone going- you will get there xx

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.6 #happydance
Well done! Keep using your meter and recording what you have eaten and you will soon learn what you can tolerate and at what time of day. eg I can eat an apple with my lunch or during the afternoon with little effect on BG, but if I eat an apple after my dinner it spikes me! So don't forget to try different foods at different times of the day.