feel really sad and alone with this wierd health problem

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey guys so iv been having issues internally where my body is seems not to be proccessing food as it should as in turning into sugar it so its kind of like drinking water when im eating food also its not gastroparesis i dont get a rise later in sugar im just really scared and i havent really heard of diabetic to have this problem if theres anyone else with this problem would be nice to hear how you are coping with this problem.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey guys so iv been having issues internally where my body is seems not to be proccessing food as it should as in turning into sugar it so its kind of like drinking water when im eating food also its not gastroparesis i dont get a rise later in sugar im just really scared and i havent really heard of diabetic to have this problem if theres anyone else with this problem would be nice to hear how you are coping with this problem.

Static, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time right now. Have you spoken to your Doctor about this issue? If so, what does he or she say?

hellobear007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds like you need a test of your pancreatic function if carbs are not being absorbed the way they should.

I am going through a similar thing, however I do have Gastroparesis. I have been ill for 7 weeks now with needing increasingly less insulin and severe hypos. Totally different to my usual Gastroparesis symptoms... So I too am in a quandary. Hoping when I see my gastro next week he can shed some light.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Sorry to hear you are both sick. All I can suggest is find a really good doctor. They do exist, just at times are hard to find. Hopefully they can sort you out. As your the title of this thread you are not alone. Your Diabetes is different to mine, but they all have the the same theme. We just take turns at struggling with it and other illnesses that get D jealous and it plays up even more.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
As mentioned, you may need to be tested for pancreatic function. You need to see your doctor about this.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey thanks guy for advice and replys my gp isnt really helpful i may try a differnt doctor its like earlier i ate food and no rise in sugar level what so ever :(

Reactions: gemma_T1