Feeling better

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. Just a little update. I’ve now had my medication changed. I’m on 1000mg metformin, 160mg gliclazide and seeing a big change in my bgs. As low as 6.8!!!! I feel a bit funny but I know that’s my levels lowering so I’m a strange way I’m happy this is happening. Still waking up with bgs of around 12-15 but they dip again through the day. Seem to peak at dinner again (I’m not eating a lot which may be the cause) as I’m scared to death of weight gain. And then they are around 9 when I go to bed. No real spikes when eating. Doc is considering victoza depending on my next hba1c. So all is good. (Or better) it’s so lovely to see single figures, even if they don’t last the entire day. Tweaking the diet accordingly and growing more and more confident everyday. It’s been a tough few weeks. Think I’d hit rock bottom with it all. Acceptance, denial and everything in between. This is a huge shout out to everyone who has heard me moan, asked numerous questions and been a bit of worry. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. You were there to listen and advise me and for that I am truly grateful. Hope everyone is well and to top off my reflective mood.......it’s sunny outside today love to all xxxx

Reactions: MrsA2

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. Just a little update. I’ve now had my medication changed. I’m on 1000mg metformin, 160mg gliclazide and seeing a big change in my bgs. As low as 6.8!!!! I feel a bit funny but I know that’s my levels lowering so I’m a strange way I’m happy this is happening. Still waking up with bgs of around 12-15 but they dip again through the day. Seem to peak at dinner again (I’m not eating a lot which may be the cause) as I’m scared to death of weight gain. And then they are around 9 when I go to bed. No real spikes when eating. Doc is considering victoza depending on my next hba1c. So all is good. (Or better) it’s so lovely to see single figures, even if they don’t last the entire day. Tweaking the diet accordingly and growing more and more confident everyday. It’s been a tough few weeks. Think I’d hit rock bottom with it all. Acceptance, denial and everything in between. This is a huge shout out to everyone who has heard me moan, asked numerous questions and been a bit of worry. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. You were there to listen and advise me and for that I am truly grateful. Hope everyone is well and to top off my reflective mood.......it’s sunny outside today love to all xxxx
Great to hear from you .... I was wondering how you were doing .... doing well I see .... all going in the right direction .... well done you .... it all takes time ... and that's what we are here for ... we are all here for each other in times of need - great little support/chat network. Take care Mrs and keep in touch! Xx

Reactions: Mummybear3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good to hear from you Mummybear, and so glad things are looking and feeling much more positive.

The rollercoaster of emotions will come and go. Even after almost 7 years, I can still have the odd really "Meh!" day, when I just want to sulk, but it passes.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Kubler-Ross Change Cycle, but I find it helps, when I have those days. Some places talk about the Grief Cycle, but that isn't necessarily referring to death, but can be to stuations, or times past, and yearning for them back.

We can jump on and off the cycle at any point, but usually we experience something like it.

https://www.ekrfoundation.org/5-stages-of-grief/change-curve/

Keep on keeping on going. It's very worth it.

Reactions: Mummybear3

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear from you Mummybear, and so glad things are looking and feeling much more positive.

The rollercoaster of emotions will come and go. Even after almost 7 years, I can still have the odd really "Meh!" day, when I just want to sulk, but it passes.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Kubler-Ross Change Cycle, but I find it helps, when I have those days. Some places talk about the Grief Cycle, but that isn't necessarily referring to death, but can be to stuations, or times past, and yearning for them back.

We can jump on and off the cycle at any point, but usually we experience something like it.

https://www.ekrfoundation.org/5-stages-of-grief/change-curve/

Keep on keeping on going. It's very worth it.

Wow. That is spot on. It’s reassuring to know that I’m almost coming through the other end. Thankyou for that. I’ve saved it to my phone and will reflect on it when I have down days. Very useful indeed xx

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. That is spot on. It’s reassuring to know that I’m almost coming through the other end. Thankyou for that. I’ve saved it to my phone and will reflect on it when I have down days. Very useful indeed xx

Mummybear, you can use it for almost any change, but, yes, it is useful sometimes to be reminded that horribly abnormal things we feel are actually all very normal.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is great to hear you are doing so well. I agree with @DCUKMod that the emotions do continue and are normal. I think one of the good things about posting here is that you can look back and see how far you've come. I also like the fact that you can hopefully help someone else on this journey.

The people here are for me the most positive thing about my diagnosis. without my diagnosis I wouldn't have 'met' any of them and there are so many amazing, compassionate, empathetic people on here. I am so grateful for them all.

Keep posting and let us know how you are going.,