Feeling confused.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
VERY WELL DONE from me :)

My locum doctor was very enthusiastic about low carb. Diabetic Nurse not so much. Diabetic Nurse is kept happy by my saying I've reduced my carbs "a bit" ... Not going to tell her to usually about 20g daily and some days even less...

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your A1C - brilliant results in 3 months!
Oh and low carb is definitely sustainable. I have been doing it for 6 1/2 years now & still got 'normal' HbA1c with no meds. I pay very little attention to my DN when she talks about diet. Smile and wave, smile and wave :)

Reactions: scooby2

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done and a pat on the back from me. :)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You aren't broken - you know exactly how to control your blood sugars without any extra pills, so carry on the way you are, without any fixing. You don't need it.

I can't believe she wants to increase your meds when you have done so well. She should have been considering reducing them! She has got it all upside down. Trust your doctor

Reactions: scooby2

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A very well done.

These poor practise nurses are becoming dinosaurs!
Slowly, slowly catch thee monkey.

My hospital dn has experience with many different maintenance techniques. She has heard of low carbing now.
I respect her experience. Mine is a heavy duty diabetic nurse, she's over experienced for low risk patients.
Now mine is low carbing aware she will rock! :) :) :)
I feel so lucky.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Just back from review with diabettic nurse. I was really pleased with results..... and thought she would be to. Hbac1 = 43... wow... from 101 three months ago. As soon as she found out I low carb she wants me to increase them, even though Dr was for low carbing. She did say it will be a more sustainable way of eating and said it will probably mean she will need me to have another tablet added to my list. She wants me to slowly add them and she will receive test me in 3 months.
No pat on the back or well done.

The response from your nurse is unfortunately not uncommon at all...the cognitive dissonance is rather prevalent, which largely explains why this condition continues to be a huge burden globally.

That is why we are truly rare as the fabled unicorns...welcome to the club

I described my encounter with my HCP here:-
https://myhba1c.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/turning-mountains-into-molehills/