Feeling down

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Over passed week I’ve been feeling really low and unhappy and that want to be alone I’ve also been crying. The feeling is like something or someone is trying to take over my body and I know there’s something going on in my head. I have a supportive family as well as family friends. But I’ve expressed to my mum that I want answers to why I’m feeling like this or if I have a mental health problem. My mum made me a doctors appointment but because she want some counselling for me (I’m on a long long long waiting at school already) so all I got was counselling no you have this or it could be this. I know it’s cruel and some people might not like this but I want someone to say to me you have this mental health issue but there’s support and ways to cope because then I know what’s happening to me and what I can do to make me feel happyer about myself. My mum has said that sometimes depression can you make you feel like this. I really think I have depression based on my own research and the symptoms I have
IMG_1770.jpg
I most of the symptoms but not all

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@W.bubble13 you need to go back to the GP and tell him how you are feeling. Counselling is just one type of support - and there are others which may be better for you. Do you have exams at the moment? Do you have friendship issues? I don't want answers to these questions but maybe you could ask yourself if there is a reason for feeling down at the moment. I hope you get help soon, and remember we are all here if you need someone to talk to.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It might be better to speak to your diabetic team about this?

emma2718

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My diabetes team offer a phsycologist which when I was feeling a bit like this talking to them made me feel a lot better, I don’t know if your team do but it’s worth asking them

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Talking to someone and more importantly saying it loud really can help.