feeling down...

12345vonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
hi every one I hope your all well ..ive not been on for a while..can someone tell me please ....im feeling tired and weak and I feel sick ive felt like this for a few days now...im on metformin 500 x2 2 times aday ...when I was diagnosed January 14 my blood sugar was 18 ..ive just checked it now and its 5.3 is it to low and why do I feel like this ....any help would be greatly appreciated

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 isn't low - but it is for you (if you get what I mean). Your body will be used to being high all the time and will take a bit of time to adjust to being normal. Are you testing your blood regularly? How is your eating? Hope you start to feel better soon.

12345vonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
hi I don't check my blood regular I was told I didn't need to as the nurse is going by my long range sugar
my eating has changed cut lots of sugar stuff out... but still eating well

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's hard to know why you are feeling ill if you aren't checking your blood sugars. It appears that Nurses often tell Type II diabetics that they don't need to test - but how do you know what foods are good for you and what aren't if you don't test? It's a catch 22 situation. When do you get your next hba1c done? It could be just that your blood sugars are levelling out and becoming normal - a shock to the system. Hope you feel better soon.

K

Kat100

But it is low for you , and it is very low after being 18 , then you may feel very tired..and unwell ....
Metformin and some other medications can for some cause hypos ...
You may consider seeing your gp as you may have dropped very quickly ...have you or are you due a hba1c test ?
It would be good to know what your average number is ....

12345vonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
ive just had it done about 2 weeks ago so she wants me back in September ..thank you for your help

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thats what i experience when i was diagnose. they call it the false hypo.

12345vonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
my long range sugar was 101 in January then 2 weeks ago it was 75 ..she said it was still to high ..I did my bloods this morning before breakfast and it was 5.7

Reactions: 2 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vitamin D deficiency can make you feel low. Go and talk to your GP about how you are feeling.