1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Feeling drained

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Diabeticger, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Diabeticger

Diabeticger Type 1 · Active Member

Absolutely shattered today, not a hectic day in work by any means but my whole body is tired , is this another side effect or am I just worn out

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

What are your blood sugars doing? High bg does that to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Diabeticger

Diabeticger Type 1 · Active Member

Fairly low today for the most part well lower than usual 5s and 6s highest was 8.0

• Like Like x 1
  4. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

If your bg is under control, it is unlikely to be related to diabetes. Unfortunately, diabetes does not stop us getting other medical conditions.
    If this is a one off, I would just take it easy.
    If it lasts a while, I would visit your gp.

I say "unlikely to be related to diabetes" because there are a couple of diabetes related things to consider
    - the mental stress/strain of diabetes. Diabetes can affect our mental health. If you are feeling drained by dealing with bg management all the time, this is not uncommon. You can ask your diabetes team for support.
    - some people react to their insulin. I believe this is rare but, if there are no other candidates, this should not be ignored. There are a number of different types of insulin available.

I hope you feel better soon.
    In the meantime, look after yourself.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook