feeling feeling tired after eating my dinner

Niamh1

Every time after I have eaten my lunch I get very tired exhausted to the point that I want to sleep. I inject the correct carbs and I eat mostly a balanced diet at lunch but still feel drained. I am not to sure on how to prevent this any advise will be great.

Reactions: EJTC

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
The only time I feel so tired that I just want to sleep is when my BG goes really low , have you tested to see how low you are going ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Every time after I have eaten my lunch I get very tired exhausted to the point that I want to sleep. I inject the correct carbs and I eat mostly a balanced diet at lunch but still feel drained. I am not to sure on how to prevent this any advise will be great.
How high is your blood glucose when you feel this tired after food?
I feel like that when my BG is very high.

Without testing you won't know if it might be related to your blood glucose.

Reactions: hh1

EJTC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Waking up in the night with a hypos and a loss of sensor alarms from CGM
my sugar increases to 19 20

Mine go like this when I have a lot of carbs in a meal and no matter how accurate I have been with my carb/insulin ratio. I was advised to eat 40g carbs per meal and this works out well. However I don’t have the willpower to maintain this with every meal and when I do have a lot of carbs I shoot up towards 15 to 20 with my bg.
Eating regularly though I am not as hungry pre-meal time.
Another thing to consider is that depending on what insulin you are on have you tried to pre-bolus your insulin.
I also find that it depends on what type of carbs you’re eating, for me if I have 30g of Frosties then my sugars rise much more quickly. I’m sorry but I not very good with the correct terminology for this. Hopefully someone will read this and give a better explanation of what I’m trying to say. Fast and slow releasing carbs.
Also if you are high to start with and this can cause my blood sugar levels to rise quickly and highly .
Good luck with finding your own way through this.

little burger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in the process of going on insulin. I have a blood glucose machine and all though my bg level is around 8 before midday meal I feel very tired too after eating and need a sleep. My bg is around 14 two hours after a midday meal.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with @Antje77, I feel sleepy if my bg gets to the levels described. It rarely does, and echo that you check out your insulin to carb ratio. I wouldn't want to be that high every day. Good luck!

The Governor

Mine go like this when I have a lot of carbs in a meal and no matter how accurate I have been with my carb/insulin ratio. I was advised to eat 40g carbs per meal and this works out well. However I don’t have the willpower to maintain this with every meal and when I do have a lot of carbs I shoot up towards 15 to 20 with my bg.
Eating regularly though I am not as hungry pre-meal time.
Another thing to consider is that depending on what insulin you are on have you tried to pre-bolus your insulin.
I also find that it depends on what type of carbs you’re eating, for me if I have 30g of Frosties then my sugars rise much more quickly. I’m sorry but I not very good with the correct terminology for this. Hopefully someone will read this and give a better explanation of what I’m trying to say. Fast and slow releasing carbs.
Also if you are high to start with and this can cause my blood sugar levels to rise quickly and highly .
Good luck with finding your own way through this.
I find that the same food eaten on a different day can give me a completely different response in my BS levels, generally I manage it but sometimes it can be maddeningly inconsistent. It leads to me having rubbish control every now and again for no apparent reason...