Type 1.5 Feeling jittery

Shari68

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me.

Most of this week I have been feeling jittery and light headed, unstable on my feet and can't speak properly, tongue feels a bit wooly. Its as if I'm about to go into a hypo, but when checking my bg it's at a reasonable level. For example I've just taken it and it was 7.7. My waking bg this morning was 6.6 and I carb counted to work out how much insulin I needed, so it's not as if I'm coming down from a higher reading, and I'm suddenly plummeting.

Is there another reason for this feeling?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Most of this week I have been feeling jittery and light headed, unstable on my feet and can't speak properly, tongue feels a bit wooly. Its as if I'm about to go into a hypo, but when checking my bg it's at a reasonable level. For example I've just taken it and it was 7.7. My waking bg this morning was 6.6 and I carb counted to work out how much insulin I needed, so it's not as if I'm coming down from a higher reading, and I'm suddenly plummeting.

There is something called a false hypo which happens when your body is getting used to running at lower glucose levels. So even though you're above 4mmol you still get the symptoms.

I read in your posting history that you recently started insulin. Have your average glucose levels started to fall since then, or within the last couple of weeks?

Definitely speak to the doctor/nurse for advice if symptoms persist.

Reactions: Shari68

Shari68

Thanks for your reply. I've got my bloods at decent levels now so I know it's not a false hypos. I did get them at first. I've now been in contact with my diabetes nurse and after her going through some questions she said she doesn't think it's hypos and to call my gp surgery, which I just have. I'm waiting for a doc to call me back.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Thanks for your reply. I've got my bloods at decent levels now so I know it's not a false hypos. I did get them at first. I've now been in contact with my diabetes nurse and after her going through some questions she said she doesn't think it's hypos and to call my gp surgery, which I just have. I'm waiting for a doc to call me back.

Ok - hope you get it sorted.

Weelambkin

I have to ask for

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi there, keep us posted if you can, theses issues that pop up are always interesting & helpful. x

Weelambkin

Some types of metformin give me the same symptoms ALMUS brand was unavailable and the other type put me in hospital with severe diarrhoea and dehydration. Little understanding from boots the chemist in milngavie who arrogantly denied the connection.

Shari68

Hi there, keep us posted if you can, theses issues that pop up are always interesting & helpful. x
Hi, I forgot to update, sorry. I called my gp and she diagnosed labrynthitis. I got some pills to help, and I've not had any further episodes