Feeling low and scared

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @tigerlily72 I hope you had a restful night. Dr Google had me dead and buried this year so I wouldn't trust that guy! x

Hi, not too bad a night thanks. I didn't get off to sleep until after midnight, woke around 6.30am ish. But that was cos I needed the toilet! Went back to bed, slept and dozed and finally got up around 10am.

I'm going to have a relatively lazy day, doing not a lot :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if you hit reply at the bottom or put @ infront of the person you are replying to's name then they will see it - otherwise its easy to miss replies.
@asparagusp is not to hot on tagging people in I'm afraid..
Though. Have given her some tips on another thread..
Hopefully she will be tagging like a pro wrestler after my tip..?!

Reactions: ickihun

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure what this link is supposed to show? Its just a google search page with lots of results from odd websites..?

Again... This is the vague "scattergun aproach." it might just aswell be a link to Autotrader...
@asparagusp (look, I tagged you in again!) ;) it's not helpful & can be dangerous to pass on "advice" from your homiopath...

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, as I've seen my Dr this evening I thought I'd update you all.

My Losartan has been increased and doubled again - from 25mg to 50mg daily. She thinks the issue with my leg is possibly due to nerve pain. I think she said I may have a compressed nerve. So she's prescribed Gabapentin 100mg and I have to start on 1 pill a day for 3 days, then increase to 2 pills a day for the next 3 days before finally increasing to 3 pills daily.

She asked me to book a non fasting blood test - I think it's to check certain things due to the increased dosage of the Losartan. I also asked if it was possible that I may have a B12 deficiency and asked if they could also check this at the same time. She said she will ask them to check for.this.

I have to go back again for a check and review in approx 2-3 weeks.

Decided I'm going to have to get another pre-payment card so will be applying for one over the next day or so. I got a receipt at the pharmacy.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the gabapentin is starting to do its job although it's early days yet. I had to start on 1 pill a day for three days, then increase to 2 pills for the next three days and then 3 pills a day. I go onto 2 pills daily from Sunday.

I'm finding that the burning sensation subsides until the afternoon (I'm currently taking my 1 pill in the morning). When I increase to 2 pills I'm going to take one at breakfast and the other around tea time.

Not checked my blood pressure yet, but will do sometime over the weekend.

dlance87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Am Daniel from way back east Africa, u shdnt b scared at all, just abstain urself 4rm high carb diet, quit smoking n alcohol, keep ur calorie diet to a minimum of 1800-1900, avoid canned/processed/refined food products,special in organic n fresh fruits,veggies, if u take lemon on empty stomach or mango leaves tea extract, in a3 WK tym u r good

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am Daniel from way back east Africa, u shdnt b scared at all, just abstain urself 4rm high carb diet, quit smoking n alcohol, keep ur calorie diet to a minimum of 1800-1900, avoid canned/processed/refined food products,special in organic n fresh fruits,veggies, if u take lemon on empty stomach or mango leaves tea extract, in a3 WK tym u r good

Hi, I know I need to get my eating habits under control again but with Xmas on the way it's going to be tough :(. I really like grapefruit but when I was taking the amlodipine it was one of the things I wasn't allow to eat/drink. I believe it lowers blood pressure so I'm going to be adding fresh grapefruit to my shopping list again :)

I don't smoke and hubby quit a year or so ago :happy:

I usually only drink alcohol at the weekend's - so Friday and Saturday evenings.

I checked my BP this morning and it appears to be slowly reducing. It was 161/98 but I had been getting diastolic readings (the second figure) over 100!

Fingers crossed as I seem to be spending too much time in the surgery waiting room.

A

asparagusp

Tiger Lily I'm glad you are in less pain. Keep us informed on your progress.