Feeling overwhelmed

NBU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed in November after a few weeks of feeling thirsty, going to the loo a lot and losing weight. Hbac1 was 120 and ketones were present in urine. Immediately sent to A and E and started on insulin and metformin. No antibodies present in GAD test so being treated for type 2. I am active and about 14 lbs overweight. 6 weeks in and it all feels like such hard work. After a week of blood sugar readings being between 4 and 7 I had an 8.7 last night and a 2.7 this afternoon. It’s all consuming and I am feeling very low today. Just reaching out to others in a similar situation.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the most supportive and informative forum around!
Well done on taking that first step to post.
I'm in a different boat to you but am sure others who are will be along in due course.
Meanwhile have a good read around, join in and ask any questions.
We all started ot the beginning with our diagnoses, shock is common. Don't beat yourself up about it

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all have those, just accept that the odd curve ball comes along, generally someone here will have encountered the same thing. If not between us we can usually come up with a good idea of whats going on, and you will ALWAYS get help and support here.

Reactions: jjraak

NBU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We all have those, just accept that the odd curve ball comes along, generally someone here will have encountered the same thing. If not between us we can usually come up with a good idea of whats going on, and you will ALWAYS get help and support here.

Thank you