Feeling rubbish

Gedski

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I got called into the doctor because my bloods showed up high bs.
Started gljxide or whatever it is Friday and meta whatever it is yesterday.
On Friday was a 19
Yesterday 18 , 14 and 12
And today back to 16

Feel absolute rubbish - dizzy sick stomach pains any suggestions please ppl ?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@daisy1 will be along with the welcome pack of info for new posters,tose figures are not too high,so don't worry,have a good read and come back with any questions,clive

Klangley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On Friday was a 19
Yesterday 18 , 14 and 12
And today back to 16

Don't know anything about Glhxide Mate but I presume you mean Metformin for the other. It really screwed up my stomach...same for a lot of people on the forum. I stuck with it and everything has settled down. It is 3 weeks (approximately) before it is really working in your system. I think a lot of these drugs need some bedding in. Just because you are on the drugs doesn't mean you don't have to change your diet. I understand Metformin really gives you a kicking if you eat a lot of carbs. You are on the right forum. Time spent reading and learning will pay dividends. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck and welcome......

martsnow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On Friday was a 19
Yesterday 18 , 14 and 12
And today back to 16

I started taking GLiclazide six weeks ago, I ran out about a week ago and have only just got a repeat, During the four weeks I was taking it I felt absolutely aweful, every joint ached, I had a constant chest infection, I was so tired, lethargic, my stomach ached, my head spun. I felt absolutely aweful. I was so depressed and tearfull. I actually thought I was having another breakdown

Everyone said it was the reduction in sugar or a lowering in carbs. It was only when I ran out of the tablets I slowly started to return to "normal" ........It has taken a week but now am dreading restarting the Gliclazide. I will try it again for another week, but if the side effects are as bad as last time, I think I am going to ask the GP for an alternative

Regards

Mart