Feeling very down today

Lilliepop

Has anyone ever had burning mouth syndrome ? Mine is getting so bad I can't think about anything else. My Doctor said she has never heard of it, in fact two Dr have said that, yet I read that a lot of people have it and it can go on for years. Why I ask on here is I have also read it could be a side effect of diabetes. I'm not a diabetic as far as I know but have my doubts first I'm pre diabetic then I'm not have to go for blood test on Tuesday. I just wish someone could give me some advise about my mouth it's HORIBLE!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sorry, I've got nothing to help, but I hope it sorts out for you

P

Pip16

Hi lilliepop
Sorry to hear you're still suffering. Have you tried the dentist for advice. That was the first place I went to when the problem started, must have been at least 15 years ago. He did prescribe something, I can't remember if it was a cream or a pill to suck. It didn't work anyway. When I went back the only other advice I got was a vitamin deficiency, I think b vitamin. It did go but as I've said before it does come back every now and then.
My sugar levels have been up and down for the last 30 years. Regular blood tests over the years and finally diagnosed in September type 2. Have no idea if it's related to diabetes though. Are you on medications for any other illnesses it could be side effect. It could even be from anxiety, as it can affect us in so many different ways. I know I was having problems when mine first started but didn't put the 2 together.
I would see the dentist if you haven't already. They can refer you for further tests or just give you some advice to help.
My advice though is not to ask Dr Google. That's guaranteed to make you anxious as he will have you suffering from every illness possible.
Try to relax and see your dentist.
Let me know how you get on.

Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food
Hi Lillipop
I have had some of that sensation now and again and it is horrible.
I usually gargle well with salted water and use a gel from boots! can't recall it's name now but it's a natural gel! they do a mouth wash as well and it neutralises everything in the mouth.
I often get that when I hold a tablet in my mouth too long before swallowing and sometimes my lips feel numb too.
I agree with Pip about a visit to dentist as well as I get mild Gingivitus and that can make yr mouth burn as well.
Alcohol free mouth sprays also helped me
Hope it sorts out soon.