Feet (they are clean lol)

kevsta

Just been looking at my feet and for some time noticed flaky skin
IMG_1653339988.190432.jpg

Think I will make an appointment with the doc but just wondered what other people thought is this all part of the diabetes?? I do try and keep them moisturised with
IMG_5675.jpg

Have noticed some strange pains and I’ve just moved house and been on my feet a lot of the time and kind but it down to that really

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been looking at my feet and for some time noticed flaky skin View attachment 54650
Think I will make an appointment with the doc but just wondered what other people thought is this all part of the diabetes?? I do try and keep them moisturised with View attachment 54651

Have noticed some strange pains and I’ve just moved house and been on my feet a lot of the time and kind but it down to that really
Never neglect foot problems, @kevsta .
Don’t like to make diagnosis, but could it be athletes foot as you have been busy and warm, moist feet are prone?. Pharmacy, podiatrist, or GP surgery can provide answers.

kevsta

Never thought to think of that to be honest, just with me having diabetes just think it’s part of the cycle but thanks for giving me a different perspective

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never thought to think of that to be honest, just with me having diabetes just think it’s part of the cycle but thanks for giving me a different perspective
Just make sure you get checked, and the correct treatment.
Although, as I said previously, no diagnosis here. I agree with @Riva_Roxaban ‘s analysis, athletes foot starts with itchy red marks , which if allowed to progress the broken skin between toes occurs.
As an aside, bamboo socks keep feet cool.

Cyclospora

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a similar rash on my feet and was initially thought to be fungal but did not clear up. Then the gp thought it could be psoriasis so I had a steroid cream which showed some improvement but I was only allowed to use it for 2 weeks as it was so strong. Then I went only a combined cream - antifungal, antibacterial and anti inflammatory but I had an allergic reaction to that! I'm now on a milder steroid twice a day and I supplement it with Margaret Dabbs foot cream. Its taking ages but I can see it's getting better. The flakiness has gone but still red dots and inflamed patches.