Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Having hot feet could be for a number of reasons, a little more information would be needed so folk can offer advice or share experience with you.

Nigel

w=hazel20

noblehead said:
Having hot feet could be for a number of reasons, a little more information would be needed so folk can offer advice or share experience with you.

Nigel
hello
what kind of info
do u need to know
thanks

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi again,

Normally it is useful when the person asking for advice tells us a little about their diabetes control. This would include type of diabetes, years since diagnosis, treatment, hba1c and any previous/present complications associated with diabetes.

There is a condition called 'diabetic neuropathy' which is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. This can effect the nerves throughout the body, and is well known to cause problems in the extremities such as hands and feet. One of the symptoms of this is a burning feeling in the feet, but there are other possible explanations also, so it is best to get this checked out by your gp.

Occasionally, I get a burning feeling between my toes, nothing to do with diabetic neuropathy, I suffer from athletes foot and get a cream on prescription to help relieve the condition, after about a week this clears up, but can and does reoccur.

Here is a link to explain diabetic neuropathy in more detail:

http://diabetes.webmd.com/diabetes-neuropathy

Nigel