Feet

Vwvonnie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Had my diabetic check when they checked my feet I have no pulse in left foot checked by 3 nurses and nothing can someone explain I did ask and she said nothing to worry about ! X

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I told my chiropodist that, for the first time ever, a doctor at the clinic had difficulty finding a pulse on my left foot. She was holding that foot at the time and said it was warm so nothing to worry about. She explained that something (a tendon? muscle? ligament? . . . she mentioned the name but I can't remember what it was) can cover the blood vessel and hide the pulse. . . . I presume your feet are warm.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Ni @Vwvonnie, My understanding is that if a foot pulse cannot be felt there is a hand-held Doppler machine, rather like the one used to check for baby's heart beat in the womb, which can be used to detect whether a foot pulse is present (or not).
I would contend that we as diabetics are at risk of circulation problems and deserve to have things checked out properly.
Also with examination of a diabetic's feet (at least in my experience) sensation to pinprick and touch is checked as a means to detect or rule out nerve damage.
Best Wishes !!

Reactions: gemma_T1 and Prem51

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Would suggest it might be better to take it further, if you can. I often get really cold feet due to "poor circulation" though my pulses always get good reports..
Good luck

Reactions: Flora123

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
Had my diabetic check when they checked my feet I have no pulse in left foot checked by 3 nurses and nothing can someone explain I did ask and she said nothing to worry about ! X

Hi,
I am someone who has problems with feet and legs due to diabetes, if I were you I’d get an appointment with my GP or diabetes consultant. Not finding a pulse could be a mistake, but if there is definitely no pulse then this could be a sign of diabetic complications.
You should get a GP appointment as soon as you can and ask to get further tests at a hospital,
Wishing you good luck.